CNC multi-spindle machine for high productivity and short cycle and setup times
A design for using the latest production technologies
- Highly-dynamic slides with slideways (X axis)
- Non-wearing Z axis due to quills with hydrostatic support
- Grooving and boring slide for maximum cutting performance with minimum machining time
- Front-opening machine for bar stock machining
- Chuck part machining with robot loading and unloading
- Quick tool setup by INDEX quick clamping system with W-serration
- Up to 6 tools for rear end machining per swiveling synchronous spindle
- Already included: The iXpanel – i4.0 ready operating system with 18.5" touchscreen and Siemens S840D sl
INDEX MS32-6 in focus
The modular system
- A maximum of 12 tool carriers with 1 or 2 travel axes
- Y-axis (optional)
- 1 synchronous spindle
- Variable use of tool carriers for internal and external machining
- Use of several tools per tool carrier possible
- Transverse machining with live tools
- C-axis and multi-edge turning for extended use options
The core: the spindle drum
Our hallmark: the spindle drum
The compact spindle drum ensures maximum precision in each position through the use of a Hirth coupling.
The core is composed of six fluid-cooled motor spindles integrated in the spindle drum. An infinitely variable speed range, high tractive force, compact design, low maintenance, and the latest synchronous drive technology – these are the criteria that make an INDEX CNC multi-spindle automatic lathe stand out.
During machining, it is always possible to program the optimum speed, which can still be varied even during tool engagement, for each spindle position and each cutting edge of the tool.
The results are optimized chipping, maximum surface quality, short production times per piece, and extended tool life. You can also machine high-strength materials that up to now were hardly suitable for multi-spindle machines. It is possible to make speed changes during drum indexing, thus avoiding any additional secondary times.